Skip To Main Content

Special Accomodations

If there is a medical need to make substitutions in a student’s meal, a diet order must be received from the doctor, including, at a minimum, food/foods to be omitted and appropriate suggested substitutes. The statement must be on file at the school and available for audit purposes. If requests are cost prohibitive, labor prohibited, or generally not available, the parent should provide the substitute food prescribed by the physician.

If modifications are needed for a handicapped student, the modifications must be included in the student’s IEP. It must address verification that special meals are needed because of the handicap, and prescribe the alternate foods and forms of foods needed to meet the student’s dietary needs.

Questions concerning this matter may be directed to Judy Brown, Nutrition Director at (478) 946-5521 ext. 233.