The work-based learning program provides an opportunity for students to develop a variety of skills by expanding the walls of classroom learning to include a structured work experience that is based on students’ individual career goals/pathways.
- Students must be in the 11th or 12th grade to participate in the program.
- Complete application packet. The packet will not be reviewed if it is not completed.
- Submit completed resume and cover letter to WBL Coordinator via email and include in packet.
- Recommendation Forms: Submit 2 recommendation forms from an Academic Teacher and CTAE Teacher. You do not have to be in the teacher’s current class to give them the form.
- It must be a teacher that has taught you in an academic or CTAE course at the high school.
- Educational/Training Agreement Form: Complete the form only if you have a job
- Once the packet is submitted, the WBL Coordinator will schedule a conference with students to discuss enrollment and program participation.
Admission Minimum Requirements
The Student Must:
- be at least 16 years of age
- be on track to graduate
- have a clearly defined career goal
- be a student in good standing as pertaining to attendance, behavior, and grades
- have completed or concurrently completing related coursework/pathway
- submit 2 teacher recommendations and a resume/cover letter
- have transportation if working off-campus
- be willing to submit to health/substance screenings that may be required by the employer
Program Coordinator Information
Chiquita Jackson, MSW, Ed.S Work-Based Learning Coordinator
Office Location: Wilkinson County Primary School
Office Hours: 7:30 am – 3:30 pm
Contact Information: 478-946-3616/478-233-3107